Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How to delete a file that cant be deleted normally



The other day I was testing an ISO image file which was the new AVG rescue boot CD that allows you to clean viruses from an infected computer if the computer wont boot into windows normally. So after I finished tested the image file and I was trying to delete the image because I have already backed up the image on my live server on the web. So I am going to show you a simple tool to use that you can easily use to fix the problem.

The Unlocker a free tiny little program that runs in the background and watch all file activity on your computer is very powerful in its own little way I used it for the past 2 years now and it works fine. The beauty about this program is that it takes up a small amount (2.3MB) of ram, the unlocker can be downloaded here. After you install the unlocker look at your system notification area where your time is located and you will see a little magic wand.



Next all you have to do is right click on the file that you want to delete and you will see the magic wand again in the menu then give that a click.


Next you will get a window which is the unlocker interface it is very easy to use just click select the object or file to be deleted and select Unlock All


Now all you have to do is try deleting the object again and it should be deleted flawlessly and that's it you're done no more head aches my friends so thanks for reading again and I hope you find this post use full again and if you have any problems just comment on the post to send me an email and I will help you to troubleshoot the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment