Saturday, April 17, 2010

How to disable Automatic Updates Restarts in Windows XP

The other day I was around my laptop computer doing some work and I installed some updates. After I have installed the the updates and rebooted the computer and was continuing to use it, it keep on poping up the the Automatic Updates Restart now or Restart Later update window as shown in the screen shown in the screen shot below.


So it became quite annoying and I did some googling to see if I could get it off, I found a little program that could disable the automatic update feature once and for all.

Leavemealone
a tiny program that it designed just for this problem and I used it to solve the problem, you can download leavemealone here. And what I like about this program is that it is small in size and it does not reqire an installation just download and extract the file and run it. When it opens you will get a tiny window as shown in the screen shot below.



Now all you have to do is click Leave me alone! and you're done, and before I forget make sure you have .Netframework 2.0 or higher installed which can be downloaded from here before you attempt to download Leavemealone. Well I hope you find it usefull and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment